Top 5 Mexican desserts you should have at your destination wedding!
Nothing tops a fabulous dinner like an equally amazing dessert! And you know what could be even better? Dancing the night away while munching on sweets. Well, that is my point of view… and one that many people seem to agree too.
There are many ways you can make your Cabo destination wedding unforgettable, and that includes treating them to something sweet they were not expecting. Here are five of the most delicious Mexican desserts that will please everyone:
1. Churros. Crunchy and warm, sweet and filling, churros are the epitome of a traditional Mexican dessert. Made out of a few simple ingredients and dusted with cinnamon and sugar, these bites of sweet heaven can be accompanied by chocolate, cajeta (another typical treat) or even marmalade. Best served warm.
2. Flan. Similar to Crème brûlée, it features hints of caramel and vanilla notes. One bite and everyone is hooked wanting more!
3. Pastel de Tres Leches. Super moist and popular, this cake is everything but a sickly sweet dessert. A fine combination of regular, evaporated and condensed milk transform this Mexican treat into a tradition everyone should try.
4. Mexican cookies. An assorted selection of fine pastries includes polvorones, cinnamon, orange, lemon and chocolate cookies, all with different flavors but making it not a cute option but a rather convenient way for your guest to only have one easy and crispy bite.
5. Arroz con leche. A dreamy concoction of rice, milk, vanilla and cinnamon blend to perfection offering a pleasing ending that immediately transports you to the heart of a Mexican cocina.
Think about all the fun ways you can present any of those five desserts: individually served, on a cute take-away box, as “late-night-munchies”, to accompany the wedding cake or to be placed on a really elegant dessert station where all your guests can go and choose the ones they like the most.
I mean it when I say it, planning your wedding is a fun and undoubtedly mouth-watering affair! So many ideas can transform a regular evening into an unforgettable memory; just remember, sometimes it is the little details that leave you with the utmost joyful feeling…